The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Monday, May 26, 2008

For my sister ~ Sharla Anne~

So I know that this is late birthday post to my sister. And I am so sorry but of course I wouldn't forget to do it even if it is late!


I have so many wonderful things to say about my sister Sharla. She is such a kind hearted, genuine person. She has a wonderful sense of calmness that surrounds her and I truly admire that about her! She has strength and is very kind hearted towards others. She really is such a good person and I love her so much!

Shar and I have so many wonderful memories together. We have always been close and she has ALWAYS been one of my Best friends! My very favorite memory of Sharla is something that I treasure so much. I got really sick one year at girls camp and caused everyone quit a scare. I was about 14 years old and Sharla was about 10-11 ish. When I got home there was a cute letter sealed and tucked under my bedroom door. I opened it and it had a square cutout of her lips she had imprinted on the paper with lipstick. The letter read "Put this where you hurt the most and know that I will always love you and I hope it makes you feel better" It was so sweet and tender. I remember crying and I still have it to this day!

Shequarla ~(this is what I call her)
You have always been somebody I have looked up to. You have courage and strength that I wish I could have too! You are such a good mother and example of patience with your children. You and I have shared so much and always had so much fun together. I am so thankful for such a wonderful sister and friend! I love reminiscing about "Huck Finn" (remember?) Our late nights giggling, staying up in the van, our long talks, our honesty with each other, teasing "Jeremy's twin" (get it?) , shooting ground squirrels at the cabin, pretending we were twins, sleeping on the tramp, sharing clothes, tubing in the snow, sledding, "sweet nougat and caramel"(remember?), laughing, crying together, Sharing mothering experiences, you cooking for me while I was prego, ("French Toast sounds kind of good, but I don't know?") and much much more!! Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for wonderful sisters, for you as my sister! I love you so much Shar and hope you had the best birthday ever!! I miss you sooooo much! Happy Birthday!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Sharla's hair, when did she get it cut?!! You are such a wonderful sister and she is so lucky to have you! Your post made me think about the many memories of us when we were younger and that I will forever be grateful for you! I hope Sharla had a great birthday, its crazy to think about how old we are getting!! Love ya!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I lov ethat you and Becca do these fun posts! It is so much fun reading about the different memories each of us had with one another! The pictures of you two are beautiful!

p.s.hasn't it been a week now? Time for that give a way!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad u found my blog! Yeah Wyatt knows him & I went to school with Katie too! I added u to my blog! I love adding new people and seeing what everyone is doing.

Becca said...

awwwwww . . .

I want to know about Huck Finn . . . was that Shar's nickname when Katie's nickname was Tom Sawyer? Teehee . . .

Lisah said...

Those are such pretty pictures of you both. You have such good sister!

jenn said...

that is so fun bon- i really should do that! (: your fam is so great!

Sharla Anne said...

so i am now at a computer and finally reading your blog! sorry it took me so long. O' the memories i am sitting here laughing so hard remembering the good times. i love you bonnie and look forward to many more memories. hope all is well with you . about time to move home don't you think?
--love sharla

DEBI said...

You girls are so pretty, thanks for sharing you memories with us (kind of) Love to you bothand to your families Aunt Debi