The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thanksgiving

What do I say about my favorite holiday? 
I love thinking of things I am grateful for everyday! 
We are blessed. We are healthy. We have each other. 
The list could go on and on. 
But there is something special about this holiday.
It is a day set aside celebrate those blessings!

I LOVE to have fancy dinners. I Love to have visitors. 
So you can imagine my sadness when our guests canceled. 
To top off that sadness, Beau got called out to work on Thanksgiving day.
I was sad. 
Had a small pity party. 
Then realized how here I am suppose to be gleaming with all I have to be thankful for and I am pouting. 
So I changed my attitude and decided to enjoy the rest of the day!

I let the girls entirely decorate and set the table. 
Those of you who know me, know this is no easy thing for me.
I like to do that myself, but thought it would be a good experience for them to do it! 
And they did a pretty darn good job too! 
(no help from me besides showing them ways to fold napkins!)
They chose white and red dishes and did a "every other one" pattern.

They baked a pecan pie all by themselves.
(I only supervised and helped with measuring if they needed.)
 It was fun to see my beautiful daughters share in this special day!

There are so many things I could ramble on and on about of reasons why I fell so blessed and grateful!
But I will only go on about a small handful!
My Family
They bring happiness and fulfillment to my life EVERY day!
The Gospel
The knowledge I have brings me continual peace, comfort, and solace daily.
Our Health
Being healthy is a blessing!
Love
Love of my Savior, Love of my husband, the love of my family!

How could I not feel blessed when I get to cuddle and love all these cute people all day long!
 My favorite picture from thanksgiving! 
Caleb loves this kittens!
Can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone.
I am still dreaming of this-



3 comments:

kari said...

They did a BEAUTIFUL job! The table was gorgeous. (pecan...my fav!),,,they can be a tricky pie to bake too. (had one turn out hard as a brick one year)

Bunnell's said...

Holy Smokes...I have not check the blog for a couple of weeks and I almost missed these delightful snippets:) LoVe LoVe it! Wowzer Beau and Wes look a lot more alike with His head shaved...Got love the bald guys...I miss you pretty lady! You are the ultimate X two!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so yummy Bon! I love the pic of the two girls behind the pie! We missed you so much!:)

Hanna