The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference Weekend

Beau hates, I mean HATES, when I say that conference "is like the Superbowl for the Latter Day Saints and everyone comes out a winner", but I say it anyways. I like to make lots of yummy finger foods to munch all weekend long. I guess that is why I call it the Superbowl, 'cause of all the food. Plus, HELLO, spiritual feast. hahaha.....ok I will stop. 
I think I am so funny so that is all that matters. 

I loved all of the conference talks. I love our Prophet Thomas S. Monson.We are blessed to have a living Prophet. He announced the building of a temple in Cedar City, Utah and to say we are so excited would be an understatement. We will definitely go back to go through it!
 The talks were all so good. Plus, I really was needing some uplifting and motivating.
Some of my favorites were...
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, he talked about the hope of God's light.
He said
"There may be some among you who feel darkness encroaching upon you," he said. "You may feel burdened by worry, fear, or doubt. To you and to all of us, I repeat a wonderful and certain truth — God's light is real. It is available to all. It gives life to all things. ... It can illuminate the path before us and lead us through the darkest night into the promise of a new dawn."

I also loved  Sister Rosemary m. Wixom's talk about the Words we speak.
I liked what she said about disconnecting from the media around us. To speak softly, with love.
My favorite qoute from her talk was when  She cited a recent study
"....it showed that when a parent of an 18-month-old was more engaged with his phone than with his child, there was "a dimming of the child's internal light, a lessening of the connection between parent and child." She suggested finding a time each day to "disconnect from technology and reconnect with each other." 

My favorite talk from all the sessions was given by
Elder Craig A. Cardon about the Savior's willingness to Forgive.
This talk touched me so much. 
Elder Cardon explained that "no one needs suppose that this forgiveness comes without repentance," but, in His mercy, the Savior does not demand immediate perfection. "Even with the multitude of sins occasioned by the weakness of mortality, as often as we repent and seek His forgiveness, He forgives, again and again."
I LOVED this.
It was a beautiful weekend.  
Hanna and Chris had us over for some of the sessions which was so nice.
We took a drive between the Saturday sessions to see how far we could make it into my dad's land. We made it all the way. I must admit he has one of the most beautiful properties by Wolverine Canyon.
I love that my dad bought this land for all of us to enjoy over the years. It is nice to be able to get to use it now that we are back.
There was still snow up in the mountains, so of course a snowball fight was in order.
 The kids were in heaven. They loved hiking around and playing outside.
 I, of course, enjoyed taking pictures of everything around me!
I have missed seeing the Idaho Sate bird, the mountain bluebird. So beautiful!

 I can't wait to reread the conference talks again. I am already looking forward to the next Superbowl...errrrr...I mean Conference weekend. {tehe}

No comments: