The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Monday, March 10, 2008

Can I Sew and Listen at the same time?

OK- before I answer that question at all, let me emphasize that I can't sew. A simple line or square is all I can do! And if you were to look closely at my work, you would notice the lines are always crooked! Now, to answer the above question- No!!! Here is what happened-

I was sewing and Savanah asked me a question, so I turned to look at her, while still sewing, and this is what happened!







I must have sucked my finger up. Because all I know is my thumb had throbbing pain, I looked down at it and saw the needle that had broken off protruding from one side of my thumb (in the back) to the other! Savanah quickly screamed (loudly I might add) "Don't touch me, I am calling 911!" I had to reassure her that I was OK and that 911 wasn't necessary. But she continued to say "get away from me.." She ran and got me a band aid so I could pull it out. I knew it would bleed a lot and it did too!! Man that really creeped Savanah out- then she was really saying "Don't touch me!" (You would think she considered me some form of alien life form the way she reacted)

So word to the wise:

IF YOU CAN"T SEW THAT GREAT, DON"T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE MACHINE!!!

14 comments:

Lisah said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I had to look away when I saw your finger!!!!!! I don't blame Savanah! Don't touch me either! That must have hurt sooo bad. I am sorry that happened and you are so brave to get a picture when in such pain!

Becca said...

Ew, Bonnie. Yuck--I am so sorry. Have you had a tetanus shot recently?

I admit that Savanah's comments made me laugh--I don't think Truman knows about 911.

I hope you're okay. And I do agree that you are a little bit like Emma Woodhouse. Only not so ditzy, and more naturally generous.

Kellie said...

OMG OWWW!!!!

jenn said...

oh i have done that a million times. my most recent stabbing ws at christmas time! i know just how you feel! sorry bon!

gina said...

Wowzah! That looks like it hurts- Lesson learned! G

Jenny said...

OUCH! You totally make me laugh though!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Bonnie I hate to say thanks for the giggle, because it made me laugh. And now I want to vommit as I think about it. Have a better day...that is going to hurt for awhile.
Love ya
Ali

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

This was a good object lesson for my children. They both were really concerned if you were okay.I said yes and told them that this is what happens when you play by mommy's or grandma's sewing machine. I have a feeling they won't go anywhere near them now! Thanks for the visual, I just about vomited in my lap! I hope you heal quickly!

Bon said...

I have heeled- thanks for all your concern. It happened last Thursday so my finger is no longer in pain! Thank goodness!!:)

{Lindsey} said...

OUCH!!!! Oh my, I bet that hurt like the dickens! I am glad that it is getting better and isn't hurting anymore.

happystuff7 said...

Bonnie Sorry to hear about your finger it looked like it hurt!! I'm glad it is getting better though!!

Kris said...

Ouch!! I'm so glad your better. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see Savanah's reaction. That cracked me right up!

DEBI said...

Bonnie your slide show was so cool I can't even get my page up and running You have darling kids. love to all Aunt Debi

Katie Lee said...

hahaha. Sorry, don't mean to laugh, but Savanah cracks me up (not your fingr, ouch... just thinking about it makes my finger hurt!) I love that you posted it though! :)