3 weeks ago
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Finished Project- The Bench!
So here is my finished project! It was a lot of fun and took a little longer than I thought, but still not to long! The bench cost me $2.00 from the D.I. I knew right away it had potential and loved it, even though it was sooooo nasty.
I (with Beau's help, of course) cut out the middle and side pieces of board. I thought they were supports, but luckily they weren't. I then took off that nasty fabric. This part took more work than I thought because of the thousands of staples I had to remove one at a time with pliers. Next, I sanded the wood and then painted. My paint color changed three times before I just decided on black again.
Beau cut me a board for the base. I then added a little padding (a thin $2.00 pillow) and then stapled fabric over top of the base. The upholstery fabric cost me $2.50 for 1/2 yard. I added a few upholstery tacks, and some rick rack around the edge. So the grand total cost me- drum roll please- $8.25 to make. I did have the paint on hand so I didn't need to buy that or brushes!
I am so pleased with the turn out. I know Beau loves it too! The whole reason I bought it was because Beau hated coming home and having to stand to take off his big ole' work boots. So now he can sit down and remove his shoes (preventing me from mopping again-ha) and also tuck his boots underneath of the bench on the basket! It is so great!! Hope you are feeling inspired to make some great and share- I LOVE new ideas!!
Now all I need is a square basket to go underneath instead of the round one! Hopefully I will find one soon!
Posted by Bon at 10:43 AM