The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthdays, Birthdays, and Birthdays


September is such a wonderful month! It is packed with all three of mine and the girls birthdays, all in the same week! Poor Caleb has it rough watching both the girls celebrate and getting nothing. But we explain to him that his "special" day will come and then it is ALL about him. I also get to tell him that just like Savanah and Kenny get to celebrate close together, when the new baby comes, he gets to be close in birthdays with the new baby too!

First of all, I wasn't going to mention anything about my birthday, but feel like I really need to because I got soooo spoiled. Seriously my sister kept saying "Is the doorbell ever going to stop ringing." So a huge thanks to my friends for spoiling me rotten and my family! I love you guys! Also to all the thoughtful phone calls, gifts, emails, and cards that were dropped by. And a HUGE thanks to my sweet and thoughtful husband who surprised me a week earlier with a four wheeler! I am super excited about it! Then on my birthday he surprised me and ordered the lens I have been eyeballing for sometime! And of course my sister who surprised me and came on my birthday! It was the best surprise of all! I enjoyed every minute of her and her families company!!




Savanah celebrated her birthday on Saturday and had a huge party. She had a pizza party, with face paintings (thanks Hanna), games, and a Pinata. She was so excited to have her cousins there too! I don't know what I would have done without Hanna here to help me!! I feel so sick most the time that her help was so greatly appreciated and needed!!




Then on Monday we had a small little celebration for Kennedy! She opened her presents and we sang to her too! She thought that was soooo special! I can't believe she is ALREADY three! Time is moving too quickly!!



I had to also show you our favorite "adopted" grandparents in the ward. Their names are Fred and Betty Jo Dunnell and we love them to pieces. Betty Jo and I have always shared such a special bond from the first time we met! She is the one who taught me how to bake bread ad use my wheat grinder. They stopped by to give the kids a little gift for their birthdays. Kenny loves Fred, asks for Fred all the time, and asked to invite him to her birthday party. She sits by them at church and they are so sweet to our children! WE LOVE THEM!!!

14 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Happy Birthday to you all! I can't believe how big your girls are getting. I love that picture of Kennedy, her eyes are so pretty. I keep trying to convince Shane that I need a vacation and we should come down your way and visit. I would also love for you to take some family pictures. I hope that we can make it down soon. Take care and hope you are starting to feel better!
Love ya!

Sandi said...

Happy Birtday to all of you! I love the pictures that you have of the girls they are so pretty! I am so excited that you got a four wheeler, they are great gifts and I am sure that you will make good use of it! Get feeling better, I am looking forward to pictures of your belly bump:)

Lisah said...

What a fun party and you look so cute Bon! I love the shirt... where did you get it? Hanna did an awesome job on the face painting and I can't believe your girls are already sooo old. Time sure does fly and it is sad!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday you little cuties!!!

~Our Rockabilly Army Lives~ said...

I forgot that both your girls had their birthdays in September too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Love Rachael

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to all of you! Face painting how fun is that. Your kids are getting so big where does the time go? Happy birthday again enjoy your 4 wheeler!!

canihavethisdance said...

Happy Birthday to all of You!!
September is a great month!

Devyn said...

Goodness you do have a busy month with birthdays! On your birthday, my mom reminded me that it was your birthday and we were going to do a post for you, but then didnt get a chance! So just know we were thinking of you on your birthday!! and happy birthday to your girls!! they are growing up so fast!!

Bunnell's said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy and Savannah!!! We miss and love you!

Love Aunt Nikki and Uncle Wes

Kathy and Tony Kissner said...

I can't believe how big the kids all are. Happy Birthday and Congrats on being pregnant. You are such a great mom you should have ten more. Okay never mind, I like you guys too much to wish that on you. haha

The Reeder Raiders said...

It sounds like a full and busy September. Happy birthday to all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cutie pies!

Mandy said...

Happy late Birthday girls!! Looks like you had a GREAT time. I didn't realize Kennedy and Marley are only a month apart. Her birthday is Oct. 27th. That's neat!

Katie Lee said...

your kids are soooo grown up. Happy birthday again to all three of you. we love and miss you lots.