The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Grandma, can you stay for fifty-seven days?


Life has been crazy busy for us this last little while! We have been lucky enough to have my mom come and stay with us from last Saturday until Thursday. We are so grateful for her. She is a wonderful grandma and truly loves her grandkids. The kids were so ecstatic to see her. Savanah kept saying "Can you stay for fifty-seven days grandma?"

Saturday and Sunday we just relaxed and barbecued. Monday, we had booked a room in Mesquite, Nevada and couldn't check in until 3:00, so we just hung out in St. George and shopped until then. We also got to walk around the visitor center and temple grounds a little bit too! It was so beautiful! I miss living so close to the temple.


When we got to Mesquite, it was a scorching 114 degrees. It was nice to have a beautiful pool to lounge by and soak up the sun!(the only thing missing was the cabana boy to run errands for us and fetch us drinks~ha) The buffet was great there. For those of you who aren't buffet fans...man you are missing out. (who doesn't want to gorge on all the food they can eat, especially with things like prime rib, gyros, and fresh salads and fruits?)

My mom let Beau and I go out while she watched the kids. It was nice to have a break and just walk around and relax with Beau. Then Beau watched the kids so my mom and I could go out (score..double whammy for me!That hardly happens) My mom and I watched a live band and had a good laugh watching all the drunkards dancing. I was giggling so hard that I am sure I looked like I was a bit "loopy" myself!


Tuesday morning we just relaxed and laid out more by the pool. Beau was so nice to play with the kids the whole time so my mom and I could just relax and enjoy the weather. We got back and got a babysitter for that night and the three of us adults went to "The Incredible Hulk" (O.k. Loved it!!!)


Wednesday we spent the day relaxing. I surprised my mom with a pedi-mani for a late Mothers Day gift. And later that night we walked to the Green Show and watch the actors sing and dance!! The actors walked around selling "lollies and sweets, only for a dollar" in their British accents. So I got great footage of my kids saying it too!










We had such a great time with my mom! Thank you so much for coming. This is her third time in 2 years and we are grateful for family who takes the time out of their busy lives to visit!! We hope you had as much fun as we did and we can't wait to see you again in a month!!

12 comments:

The Reeder Raiders said...

Glad that you had a good time with your mom, kids and hubby time. It is fun when that time can happen. So you know I get to have a mom-mom-daughter-aunt day tomorrow. My mom, Andra, Liz and I are going to spend time together. We are going to Gate Way and spend the day there.

Jenn and Tyler said...

Wow what a great visit! You guys were pampered! Looks like a great time, when are you going to IF?

Becca said...

I miss my Mommy! I'm jealous you got to have her for almost a week. (Also, is Savanah's favorite number 57? Truman's is 900 . . . and we all know Mom's is 553,000)

The lolly video is HILARIOUS.

The Hammers said...

Aren't Grandma's great! I love to go to town with just my mom. She's my best friend and I love to get to spend time with her, even though it doesn't happen often anymore. My kids love being so close to both Grandma's, and we do too.

jenn said...

bonnie! i love all of the pics! st george has got to be one of my favorite places... remember how i still have to come and stay with you. (: the lollies accent is great! mom's are the best! i ran into yours just before she headed down to see you... i need to stop by sometime to her house and say hello! my favorite part of this post was the cabana boy! ha! i can just imagine... i could have used one of those today myself...seeing how i was by a pool all day..love the sun! (: well i love ya!

Lisah said...

So cute! It looks like you had so much fun with your mom and really made sure she would want to stay for 57 days also! :) I love the St. George temple and your pictures are gorgeous as usual. I wish I could have been there to see you look a little loopy yourself. I am sure that was a good time!

Natalie said...

I forgot how beautiful the St. George temple is, it's AMAZING!! It looks like you had a great time with your Mom and soaked up lot's of sun and fun. I love it when my family comes to visit, we have the best time and my kids adore all their cousins. Actually two of my sisters are coming this month!! YEAH!!
Have a good Sunday!

Kellie said...

Love the Brit accents! HA!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

cute Bon! I am so glad mom got to come visit you. She told me she had so much fun. I am so sorry we can't make it down this weekend. I know we would have had fun there, but I love you and miss you!
Love Ali

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

YOu packed in a bunch of fun stuff! It's funny- I love your mom, and I don't even know her! I bet it was so nice to have her all to yourself, just with the your family, I love it when my mom comes and it is just "us". So, when are we swimming?

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you are able to always be going and doing such fun things, but I just want to know where you find the time and energy?!! I want to see you too, when in August are you coming?? Call me so that we can figure something out, because its just been way too long! Love ya!

Christina said...

I love it all... having so much fun with your mom, the photography, the cute video of your British kids! You're lucky your mom will travel to visit. She must love you all!