6 days ago
Friday, July 11, 2008
Happy Birthday Ruuubeeekah!
Happy Birthday Rebecca! I can't believe that you are 29! Boogs....old!! I have always been so close to Rebecca. I love that we are the two oldest in the family! We have always shared such a special bond! She has always been my best friend!
Rebecca is a amazing an wonderful example and sister! She has always set a perfect example for me to follow. And I appreciate that so much!
Here are a few of my favorite things or memories about Rebecca, in no particular order:
1. Rebecca is an amazing cook. She always has been. (If you don't believe me then check her recipe site out here) She has made the most divine chocolate chip cookies form the time I can remember. When I was younger I didn't prefer chocolate. Rebecca would make batches of her cookie dough but before she added the chocolate chips she would take some dough out for me and make me cookies without the chocolate chips. A memory that I still cherish!
2. Another one of my favorite memories with Rebecca is how kind hearted she is. For my 15th birthday she came into my seminary class singing at the top of her lungs Happy Birthday with a giant package in her hands. She handed it to me and I was sure it was a giant bag of pads, or something to embarrass me. (because she is a tease, which I love) So it wasn't until the teacher coaxed me to open it, that I did, but cautiously. Inside was a beautiful, large, handmade blanket that she had crocheted in my favorite color! I didn't want anyone to see me cry so I held it together. But it was very touching. ( I still have it too)
3. Rebecca has always been so knowledgeable. She is very smart and it is something I wish came easy to me. I have a hard time retaining things!! It is one of the many reasons I have wanted/want to be just like her!
4. She is a wonderful mother. She is always doing creative things and sharing them. (Click here for some of her ideas) She is always coming up with unique and fun ways to entertain your child!
5. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. She doesn't care what others think, and I have always admired that about her!
6. Another one of my favorite memories with her is going to the "Old fort" by Angie French's house and playing for hours.
I have so many memories of Rebecca and I. It has always felt like it has been her and I doing things. She is a wonderful, talented person. She is spiritual, smart, and kind! I have so many good memories with her, tubing in the canal, visiting her in college, talking for a long time about life, sharing crushes, sharing secrets, reading journals, driving around in the Blazer together, Sharing our first moments of motherhood together, Becoming mothers together, sharing tips, tricks, etc, ninth street park tag, her teaching me to play scrabble, watching her in the plays she was in, and many many more. But the things I cherish most about my sister is that we have always been close! She is some one I can be completely honest with and I know that she will not judge me for my many flaws and inabilities.
I couldn't imagine our family in any other order, with her as the oldest! She has set a perfect example for all of us to follow! I hope to someday be like her in so many ways! I love you Rebecca and hope you have the best birthday ever!