The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Monday, July 14, 2008

Crazy Happenings!

So summer has been fun, crazy, busy, calm, and everything in between for us! We have had so much fun with the kids. Enjoying every moment possible as a family. I can't believe school is just around the corner and I feel myself getting panicky all over again!

Here are some of the fun things we have been up to this last week!

Of course more gardening. I can't believe how fast our little garden has grown. Here is a before picture taken a week before the after picture~

Before


Just one week later....
We have already enjoyed tons of spinach, peas, spring mix lettuce, crook neck squash, and lots of zucchini! Yummy! If I could only have my garden look as lush as my sisters Hanna's.(check it out) Seriously her garden was so beautiful last year! I can only hope to aspire to have mine look that good!!


We had a bbq last Sunday night at our friends the Lovell's with the Church's. On our way home we saw "snakes" crossing in the road. Tons of them. So we stopped and discovered they were actually Salamanders crossing. Also there were toads all over too. So we let each of the kids have two toads to take home and put in our garden. I woke up the next morning to Caleb frantically saying he couldn't find them. They must have hopped away and he was devastated!


On Wednesday my good friend Ana and I took the kids up to Yankee Meadow( My favorite place) ! We let the kids play in the lake and have a good time. We packed a picnic lunch and just relaxed. It was well worth it!! The kids had a blast. Savanah keeps asking when we get to go to that "big pool" again! HA!

Here are a few pictures from that fun day:



We also had the Church's, Feltner's, and Lovell's over Thursday night for games. It always is a good time when we are all together. There is never a dull moment. We played Pictionary. This is my favorite picture. (the middle picture) Can you guess what it is? I will put the answer in my comment section! HA!

(Courtesy of Hans or should I say HONTS!)

We had a Yard Sale on Saturday, and afterwards we just hung out with Ana and Jake and their kids, and also Joe and Lea. It was a lot of fun. The guys played Red Rover, Wheel barrow racing, and hand stand contests with the kids! Then we all went across the street for a game of kick ball with the kids! It was so nice to spend the whole day with them. The kids had a lot of fun and so did we!



The girls also had a lot of fun playing dress up and making up dances. It was hilarious! Don't they look absolutely fabulous?



After a long week and tons of LATE nights. The kids, Beau, and I have been exhausted!! But it has all been well worth it! Kennedy has fallen asleep so many times in my arms this week. And the other two kids have been found in weird places sleeping!


We are loving summer so much and can't believe there is only a month left! We hope you all are having a fabulous summer and enjoying your family and friends as much as possible!!

16 comments:

jenn said...

so much fun bon! i am so jealous of your garden! yummy!!! we are so going to have to get together for a bit when you are in town... call me! (:

Bon said...

The answer to the pictionary question is a "babysitter" hahaha...get it!!

Becca said...

It looks like a humpback alien giving birth. Freaky.

I am jealous of your garden! And those lake pictures are fabulous, though it still looks cold to me.

Love ya!

Lisah said...

It seriously has been a fun and busy week for you. I am glad your yard sale went well and that you get to do so many fun things. A BABYSITTER??? That is hilarious! I wish we could play too!

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard at the pictionary picture... we have had so many like that, that the drawer thought was genious, but no body else had a CLUE what they were even thinking! I am glad your summer has been so fun, but I too am sad school is around the corner (I don't even have any in school!!) I just LOVE summer!!!

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys have been BUSY!! Summer is so fun and I really enjoy the lazy part of it and staying up late...and sleeping in:)I don't miss getting up by 7am to get the kids off to school. When school starts this will be a huge adjustment for me again. Your garden looks great...yummy peas!
Have a good week.

Becca said...

PS- what is that cool font on the bottom of the toad pictures? I LOFF it!

Jenn and Tyler said...

Bonnie you are such a goof ball! You live in such a beautiful place! I can't believe it, how far away is that lake you went to from your house? Tyler wants to live in that kind of area. Lots of mountains, lakes etc. You look like you're having the time of your life! Love all the pics!

Have you talked to your cousin Jenny yet? Get back to me!!!!! i emailed you some info!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are really taking advantage of the family time that summer offers!!! I only wish I had a garden like that to eat from....YUMMY. Seriously, I know I said it before but.... are you a supermodel now or what??? You look so beautiful!!!
Tiff

Genessa said...

Wow! What a garden. What is your secret? I am going to try one next year.

Christina said...

Okay, I'm jealous of that garden. Ours is coming along but no fruits of our labors yet. I'm in awe of how much fun you guys have. That is exactly how I want to live my life, but I just can't find the time to do all that. Maybe I need to prioritize. Oh- and I love the video. They are in tu-tus dancing to hip hop music. Too funny!!

{Lindsey} said...

You guys have kept yourselves busy doing all sorts of fun stuff!!
I love your garden, it is doing so well. I am jealous of all the fresh fruit and veggies you are getting!
I can't believe school is just around the corner, summers always go by too fast.
Did you get my e-mail about the temple trip?

Kris said...

Hey cute girl... your kids are so dang cute, I wish I could see them.
Are you guys going to the reunion?
I fixed the link on my blog.
Love ya and wish I could share in your harvest... Your garden is awesome!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

WOW! Looks like you've been busy! I wish i had a social life...maybe someday we will find friends that want to hang out with us.
I love you Bonnie
Love Ali

Steve, Dayna and Kids said...

You're so AWESOME Bon! Seriously we need to get together and do some stuff since your home during the day with the kids and I am too. Besides I'm getting REALLY sick of just staying at home, it really makes me think alot, if you get what I mean. Love ya muwah

jen said...

wow! Your garden looks great! My garden is coming along, but definitely not as great as yours! What are your tricks?