The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Friday, August 10, 2012

Idaho Visit { Part 3}

One of the MUST DO'S on my list when we go to Idaho is to go to the Idaho Falls temple.
  It is such a unique temple. It's design is different from other temples. It also is breathtakingly beautiful with the surrounding green belt and falls.
My thoughts have turned a lot to the temple lately. I hope my children always have the temple in their minds as well. I can feel their childhood slipping away. Teenage years are just around the corner and I can't help but wonder if they will hold fast to the teachings of the gospel. 

One of the reasons I blog is for my children. I want them to look back and remember all the fun times we have had, and I have started changing the way I blog so that they can also know of mine and Beau's thoughts and feelings.

I will never forget my first moments in the temple. It was calming. It was so peaceful. 
Those are the feelings that I get time and time again when I go.

So to my dear little children I would say this....

Always keep yourself worthy to go to the House of the Lord.
The world would have you want to fit in, conform to others views, and find happiness in being worldly.
Never be afraid to be yourselves.
You don't have to "fit in" or be someone you are not to be special. You are special because you are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. The only person you should ever please is Him.
Entering the temple will bring you peace, answers, eternity, and true happiness.

I saw this quote, written across the temple, "If this isn't your castle, you aren't my prince/princess"  and this is exactly true. 
Set your standards high and live a life worthy to enter the Lord's holy house. 
You will never regret it.
 And if life ever gets the best of you and steers you off course, remember repentance is a gift for all of us. 
We can always find our way back!

We can only hope and pray as parents that the temple will always be in your site!
The day when you get to choose a spouse of your own and be sealed to them "for time and all eternity" and not just "death do you part"  is the day we, as your parents, are looking forward to.
We love you and always want the best for you.
And the temple, my sweet little ones, is where true happiness can always be found!

No comments: