The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Friday, August 3, 2012

Idaho Visit {Part 1}

Oh beautiful Idaho! It is always good to go back home.
We look forward to our Idaho visits every year and try to cram everything we can in a short week.

First stop, Aunt Lori's.
We had to leave pretty late Friday evening so we didn't arrive in Blackfoot until the early morning hours of the next day. Aunt Lori and Uncle Kevin were so accommodating and kind. 
Beau spent his early morning hours watching the sunrise and shared with me how he was overcome with emotions by the generosity of his Aunt and Uncle. 
They had opened their home to him his last 2 years of high school. He pointed out that they were our ages when they decided to take their {in his words} "punk teenage nephew in". For which I know he will ever be grateful. And I will as well!
I only hope that Beau and I can be the kind of Aunt and Uncle that would open our home to our nieces or nephews if ever needed.

Next stop, Grandpa and Grandma Coon.
The kids love to visit Grandpa Jerry's farm. They get to see their great grandparents and hear all kinds of fabulous and far fetched tales. {tehe}
This is the first time that my grandparents got to see Scarlett as well.
 I have so many wonderful memories of my grandparents. I am grateful that our children get to have some too!

We also got to meet up with Beau's Dad and Cindy at a park for lunch.
Which is always great.
We love our families.
 
Oh Idaho, yes, we miss you!

No comments: