The sweetest things in life, aren't things......

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Enrichment

I have loved being the ward Enrichment Leader. I love being able to serve the sisters of my ward and plan fun activities. My love for the Cedar 4th ward has grown so much. We have an amazing group of women. I have learned so much from so many of them.

Here is just a small glimpse of what I get to do.....
This was our Relief "soul"-society Night 


 Here are two of the beautiful ladies I get to serve with, Sis. Robinson and Sis. Pena.
I have definitely grown from their testimonies and desire to serve the Lord.
I love Relief Society so much. I love how women from all walks of life can join together in sisterhood and serve the Lord.
 One of the greatest lessons I have learned was from an older sister in our ward, Sis Beatty Jo Dunnell. {I tell her all the time that she is my "kindred spirit". We have always had a special bond.} I had mentioned at an Enrichment meeting that I didn't know how to bake bread from scratch or use my wheat grinder. Several weeks later I got a phone call on a Monday night from Betty Jo asking me if my family had plans for FHE. I told her we didn't yet and she informed me that her and her husband Fred were coming over to teach us how to make bread and use our wheat grinder. It was such a beautiful act of service. One that I will always cherish. This is just one example of the generosity and kindness of the sisters in this ward.

I know the Lord guided us to our home here in Cedar for a reason. I also know that we were meant to form bonds and friendships within the ward that I know will last a lifetime!

No comments: